COVID-19

On April 23, at a regular meeting of the Camp Oshkidee Board of Directors, a decision was taken to cancel summer camp programs for 2020. 

The decision was taken in light of the recent "Re-open Saskatchewan" plan rolled out by the Premier this week. 

The 5 stage plan with confirmed and non-confirmed timelines gives the Board little hope that our summer camping program can continue in a viable and brand-consistent manner that lives up to the Oshkidee standard that we and our campers have come to expect and appreciate.

During this time of pandemic response, one of the most elusive factors is that of certainty.  Not knowing the future, an age-old burden for many, makes decision making difficult. 

The Board, supported by our Treasurer, Finance Committee and Executive Directors have been diligently tracking our revenue and expenditures.  Decisions were taken early on to halt all non-essential spending. Completion of the Lodge renovation has been put on hold.

Cash flow management, for a ministry like Camp Oshkidee, is absolutely essential. Uncertainty regarding program and lease revenue has served as a barrier to confirming alternate plans for expense and revenue management.

 

With the decision to cancel all summer camps the Board is able now to put in place plans to address the situation. More information regarding how the Board will respond to this crisis will be forthcoming.  

At a time like this we are relieved to know that God, who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, is able to do exceedingly above all that we can ask or think.  And so, in faith, we are believing that God remains in control and we pray that His will would be accomplished here on earth just as it is in Heaven.

 

This is new territory for us; it is the first time we’ve had to cancel summer camps in the 45 years of its history.  The reality of Camp Oshkidee is that many expenses are fixed whether we run camps or not. As a nonprofit organization, this has put us in a very tough spot financially.

However, we also understand that this situation is unprecedented, and that you and your family had no control over this decision.  We also understand that registering and paying for summer camp is a significant investment, and it doesn’t seem fair to be penalized for a situation that was out of your control.  

With that in mind, we have re-examined our refund policy, and have come up with three options for you and your family. 

 

Option #1 - I understand the difficult situation this presents for Camp Oshkidee and am willing to donate my full registration this year to help offset costs and expenses. 

 

Option #2 - I can help contribute to the financial needs of Oshkidee. Please keep a portion of my registration and reimburse me for the remainder. 

 

Option #3 - I'm not in a position to contribute right now.  Please reimburse me the full amount of my registration fee at your earliest convenience.

 

Please go to this simple online form to confirm your decision.

https://form.jotform.com/201146937333049

Once again, we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have had to deal with this situation.  We are committed to doing the right thing, and to ensure that you and your family are cared for.  We will continue to work hard to provide great family camps in 2021, and we hope that your family will be able to be a part of it. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 306-241-6112.

Most importantly, this situation has affected people around the world, and we invite you to pray.